hoj
esp
ara
ing
fran
hoj

Urriés is a town of Val D´Onsella, geographic area of the Cinco Villas located in Zaragoza (Aragón), Spain. It is located on a small hill and between two streams called San Miguel and Portaza, with little water. Two kilometres away is the Onsella River and the town of Navardún. And Urriés is the road called Huerta Lara - Isaba.

Urriés is of medieval origin, their homes and this demonstrated by the form of its streets. It has a special charm which it shares with other towns in the area. It has many stately homes, remains of palaces and castles. Its streets are uneven and are close, very close together houses. This is because in the Middle Ages, it had to defend themselves against many enemies, as border area of conquests.

It was founded at the end of the 9th century by Don Pedro Jordán of Urriés. King Pedro IV of Aragon built the Castle. From the Castle, in the year 1377, he ordered his steward and real counselor Don Pedro to build the town. That is the origin of Urriés. Pedro Jordan of Urriés is a direct Don Recadero of Urriés, Captain of the army of Charlemagne who accompanied an expedition to Zaragoza and Pamplona in the year 778 descendant. Don Recadero de Urriés was in various battles defending their King Sancho Abarca, against the Saracens (Muslims). Why did not participate in the battle of Roncevaux pass, where the Basques infringed a great punishment to the emperor by having destroyed his armies in Pamplona into Hispanic lands.

The last name Jordan family added to the Urriés was imposed by the count of Roussillon to Don Pedro Jordan of Urriés, son of Don Recadero of Urriés, by having overcome in duel to the libel of the daughter of the Count, who married. "Jordan", in memory of the Palestinian river, according to the dictionary of the Spanish language, meaning "... it is beautiful and purifies". So, is the founder of Urriés was Don Pedro Jordán de Urriés II, who succeeded his father in the Government of the dynasty in the year 885.

The first historical documentary mention dates from the year 1047. García de Nájera (García Sánchez III of Navarre), donated to the Monastery of Leire an estate called "San Martín of Unrries" (Martín Duque, Medieval Documentation of Leire, no. 39).

In the year 1133, Urriés was jurisprudence of the King (Realengo), for they emerge as administrators Roger and Raúl (Ubieto Arteta, Santa Cristina documents). In the year 1315 was owned by Martín Gil Atrosillo (Guitart, castles II, p. 26).13 January 1357, Pedro IV of Aragon gave Urriés Juan Abarca. July 27, 1372, Bernardo (?) had bought the place, by granting the right to the King (SINUES no. 1795 and 1797).

In 1414, Urriés was the Order of the Hospital (ARROYO, division, p. 98), and April 25, 1492, Fernando II of Aragon gave the Archbishop of Saragossa the right to possession of Urriés (Sinués, No. 1792 .)
Manor Church, (1785), the Valdonsella Arciprestazgo belonged to the Bishopric of Pamplona until this year, which later became the Bishop of Jaca, until today.

According to data collected in the book "Pueblos y despoblados" by Antonio Ubieto Urteta, the people evolution of Urriés was as follows: 12 maravedis (1414), 4 houses (1488), 13 houses (1495, 1543 and 1609), 52 houses (1646), 47 residents (1713), 17 residents (1717 and 1722), 55 residents (1797), 84 houses and 537 inhabitants (1857), 142 inhabitants (1970).

Born in the town some famous people: among acquaintances, all belonging to the lineage of Urriés, we can mention Diego de Urriés, poet. Hugo de Urriés, writer. And the mentioned before, Pedro de Urriés.

L. Meavilla 2012

Predicción meteorológica

El tiempo en Urriés

El contenido de esta página requiere una versión más reciente de Adobe Flash Player.

Obtener Adobe Flash Player

El contenido de esta página requiere una versión más reciente de Adobe Flash Player.

Obtener Adobe Flash Player

pan